Don’t waste time trying to nurse what’s dead – invest in what’s strong and allow it to overtake the weak areas. LOVE IT!
2. Sometimes the messenger IS the message.
Definitely sometimes the messenger enhances a message that might have otherwise been missed.
3. I killed people in the Bible for lying to me.
Yep – God don’t mess around…so help me always be honest with you, Jesus.
4. I don’t get carpet.
It’s a floor covering made of fiber, Matt.
5. We shouldn’t be driven there. We shouldn’t someday make it there. We should start there. (on our knees before Jesus.)
Bring me back to that place in my life, Lord, where prayer was the first thing – not the last.
6. I am with you – even in the aftermath.
Thank God – I might even say ‘especially’ in the aftermath.
7. God does say he care for the flowers – and they live in dirt.
God’s provision doesn’t always look the way we think it should.
8. It’s time to focus less on the why and more on the who.
9. I’m flippin’ Phil Bell.
It sounds so cool with a British accent.
10. Dad, can you help me with my NHS forms?
I’d rather do ministry with that kid (and his brothers) than any other kid on this planet!